"Destiny is not a matter of CHANCE, It is a matter of CHOICE"





Saturday, December 15, 2007

Driving is a Privilege

I still can’t believe that I drove the car home. This is what happens; I went to Shapes Total Fitness around 4:30 in the afternoon. Meanwhile, he took a couple of pills and went in the bar next door while waiting for me. He had drinks. I always stayed there until 7 o’clock in the evening, so I called Ray to tell him that I’m done only to find out that he can’t drive at all. I can’t even understand what he was talking about. He asked Jody (disk jockey and a friend) if he can pick me up, of course he said yes, I’m only couple of blocks from the store, and it will only take 5-10 minutes. I can’t believe how screwed up Ray was. He can’t even talk straight, he can’t even remember Jody’s name. Finally we’re back in the store, Thanks to Jody. The problem is going home; we can’t ride a bus because we have dogs. So I decided to drive home. I promise I will never drive a car without insurance but in times like this we have to break our rules. I am legal to drive I have my permit. I have a lot of courage at that time, I am not even nervous driving home, knowing I have to cross Dale Mabry hwy and Hillsborough (those streets are big enough). I drove rental cars before but not in a highway or big road. Thanks God I made it to our house without any problems.

No comments: