"Destiny is not a matter of CHANCE, It is a matter of CHOICE"





Saturday, March 22, 2008

For the Love of Pearl

We were out and about and suddenly crave for a seafood. Seafoods are great for you especially for your health. I saw oyster in the menu and I want it yet I remember this one site called Gulf oysters where they pretty said about it's advantage and disadvantage of eating oysters. We all all know that millions of people just LOVE to eat oysters. Whether you eat them in moderation or by the dozen, these delightful mollusks provide a low calorie protein that are an excellent source of zinc, vitamin B-12, and omega-3 fatty acids. I also read in their site that eating it raw or undercooked oysters by at-risk individuals may cause serious illness or even death from Vibrio vulnificus bacteria. If you have liver disease, diabetes or a weak immune system, you should avoid raw oysters. It made me think for it for awhile. I don't want to weaken my immune system because it will definitely fight for those bacteria and if it is weak then I will be so vulnerable when bacteria attacks. Gulf oysters will help you understand and if you really want to eat raw oyster just be aware and be considerate for your health because they are you weapon to your everyday routine.

No comments: